Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Take Me To Your Bakery

Fabulous!
In that fabulous Blueberry Ascot. Ages and ages ago The Teacher handed me two skeins of Plymouth Yarn Shire Silk and asked me if I could make a scarf for her.It took me forever to get around to it, but I made it into Kat Coyle's Huckleberry Ascot. All in all a great pattern using short row shaping that doesn't take too long. The pattern has you make bobbles on the edges but since I'm not much of a bobble person, and I was really pushing the limits of the yarn that I had I made ruffles on the edges which I like so much more. As for working with the silk, it was an interesting experience. It's kind of got the same texture as cotton but it was way more nubbly so it would shred a little. I think I would use it again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment