Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ay, With A Twink

And a wink of my eye, I have finished my first shawl-like item. This pattern is Martina Behm's 22.5 Degrees, so named for the angles of the corners. I didn't swatch for this, I just started knitting with the Serenity Garden on size 2 (2 3/4mm) needles and I stopped when I had 329 stitches on the needle. The scalloped edge was a new experience. Thankfully, Ms Behm has a link to a YouTube video to demonstrate how to do the scallops. It's actually not as difficult as I had anticipated. Overall, I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, even if it is a little smaller than I initially thought it would be.
Full view of the finished product.

Close up of the scallops.


Wearing my creation. 

Um...Little House on the Prairie? 
Also, The Wench and I are once again participating in a swap with other Stitch-n-Kvetcher's on Ravelry. So The Wench decided she wanted to give her swappee some glow-in-the-dark yarn, which I happened to have in my stash. So she traded me a skein of turquoise JojoLand Ballad for some Bernat Glow in the Dark.

Glow!
Oooh....prettiness for socks.

Hopefully tomorrow I will make it to Woolstock Yarn Shop to buy some goodies for my swappee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment