Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yarn Roundup

Time for a yarn roundup! Here, for your viewing pleasure is all the yarn I have accumulated in the past few months.This is two skeins of Fleisher's Knitting Yarn that is "all virgin wool."

This is the latest bit of yarn I've been spinning. It's Spunky Eclectic Corriedale in Water Nymph. It's been pretty nice to spin with so far. However, I'm thinking I need to invest in a heavier drop-spindle, the one I have now seems too light to me.
This is the rest of the Vanna's Glamour that I used for the Golden Snitch. I think I'm going to use the rest for a hat.
This is also leftover from the Golden Snitch. No idea what I'm going to do with it though.
This is one skein of NaturallyCaron.com Country in Spruce. The Country is a 25% merino wool and 75% acrylic blend. It will likely end up as a hat but I'm looking forward to trying the yarn. It comes in such nice colors it would be great to make a bunch of stuff with this yarn.
This was a real indulgence. Two skeins of Patons Silk Bamboo in Plum. This is a 70% viscose from bamboo and 30% silk blend. This will also likely be a hat (are you noticing a trend here?) and I'm looking forward to working with it.
And finally we have two skeins of Red Heart Eco-Cotton Blend in Midnight Marl. It's a blend of 75% recycled cotton and 25% acrylic, which you have to admit is pretty cool. I also really like that it's this very cool purple, green and blue all twined together.

Well, that's all on the yarn front. I'm still playing around with hyperbolic planes and working on the shawl for my mom that I started ages ago. Additionally, the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival is NEXT WEEK (!!!!) and I'm hoping that a bunch of my friends (from here, Pitt and work) will be coming with me. It should be fun (and costly, but fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment