Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Just Couldn't Resist

Hey guys, two quick things because it's ri-schlong-ulously late and I seriously need to go to bed but I wanted to get this out there. First off, did anybody watch the TED talk I posted earlier this week? It was sent to me by a friend who is a math PhD student and also sews his own ren-faire costumes. If you ha vent watched it yet you REALLY should. It's FASCINATING!! It's this whole crazy thing about coral, crochet, hyperbolic models and how play is a good thing. It totally blew my mind. I have to tell you, math is far from my strong suit (as in, I suck at it and it makes me think suicidal thoughts) but this was really interesting about how only crochet can properly model this crazy concept (the hyperbolic models) about lines on a plane. Seriously, read more about it right here. It also inspired me to make my own hyperbolic models. This is my first one with some green acrylic. I CO 20 stitches and I increased every 4th stitch. I'm going to try making some more of these, they're really interesting.


On an unrelated note, The Wench is now a professional blogger! Read her first post for Coveryourhair.com (click the link on the left for their site) right here! I'm so proud. *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment