Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blogging From Baltimore

On Spring Break so I am at my parents' house in Baltimore. As I blogged about before my mom bought some yarn for me so I have started the fuzzy scarf for her. It's interesting to knit with. I feel like I'm knitting a Muppet. I think I'm going to use this lovely wool Kashmira Pattern to make a set of hand warmers for Alphabet-Girl, who is The Wench's younger sister. I also want to try and make a slouchy beret with the Kashmira though it may come out weird because the self patterning stripes might pool oddly but I'm going to give it a try anyway.


In other news, The Wench and I went for spinning lessons today. We first drove out to Cloverhill Yarns in Catonsville.
We each bought our spindles and our fiber.
I bought really nice Superwash Merino in purples and greens and The Wench bought Bluefaced Leicester in blues and grays. When we went to check out the guy working the cash register squished our yarn and was like "ooh soft!"The Wench with our fiber

More about the spinning later this week. :-) To all my fellow LIS-ers, hope you have a relaxing break!

No comments:

Post a Comment