Monday, October 25, 2010

September Socks

Bows make it better.
The museum where I work is closed for the month of September for a variety of reasons, one of which is they use the time to train the employees in new programs and ideas. This means lectures. Lectures for me means knitting. I don't do well with just sitting and listening, I need to keep my hands moving. I also just needed something to make that didn't take a lot of thought or new yarn so I ended up making 2 pairs of these feeties. The  blue and pink pair are made with yarn I dyed with Kool-Aid. Of course when The Little Sister laid eyes on them  she pretty much demanded they be made for her. I made up the pattern for the bows because she usually wears shoes with STUFF on the toes so I thought hers should have something.Mine are the ones in the fall colors and I used puff paint to make dots on the bottom so i wont slip on the hardwood floors in our house. It works pretty well. My only issue with this pattern is that the heel doesn't go high enough or something so it keeps slipping off the back of my foot. Maybe I should have made some sort of strap. Have you made this pattern? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment