Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh Hot Darn This Is My Yarn

Ok guys, I've been a crazy-monkey dye-er and knitter since my last post. I finished the lace pattern scarflette. I think it's gorgeous. I absolutely love the way the colors turned out. I did this on size 7 bamboo needles. I have realized I don't like straight, metal needles. Especially really long ones. I figure, anything you wanna knit you can knit on circulars. I also tried to do this with the lace weight yarn that I have in my stash. I am NOT cut out to do lace weight yarn. It's just too skinny. So, if anyone would like some very pretty light blue lace weight yarn get in touch with me and we'll negotiate ;-)
I also dyed an entire skein of Patons Wool Merino. I started by wrapping it vertically around my closet door. Next to my tape measure you can see how long that is. I then dyed it by wrapping different sections in saran wrap and pouring the dye over it. then when it was all wrapped up I stuck in in my crackpot (only minimal plastic melting by the end) and here's the final product! I used this yarn to make Jared Flood's Turn-a-Square hat. Since I didn't do the color changes it went really fast. Actually it took me about 5 hours since I knit through my three hours of Management class, an hour of Collection Development and about an hour at home. I also realized that it only took about 50g of the Patons and so I did the hat again in the Firecracker dyed yarn. Not sure what's coming up next, but since I'll probably spending all day on Monday watching my Library Instruction class online I'll need to find a project first. Have a good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment