Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Plight of the Double-Knit Hat (Part II)

So after frogging the first attempt at the hat, I bought new needles in the size the pattern called for, did a guage swatch, which actually turned out to be a teensy bit smaller than called for and cast on. I did add the extra stitches because i wanted it to fit his head without stretching too much. When I got to the point the pattern said to finish off the hat, I finished it, and it was WAY too short and it was weird-looking and bumpy on top. I then dilligently undid it and a whole row below that and put it back on the needles and kept decreasing until I only had one stitch per panel. The hat is still too big. It's HUGE. And I refuse to frog it and re-knit it. Maybe I'll felt it.


Sometimes projects just dont work out

(Pics of my boyfriend being sad that the hat is too big. But it's pretty though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment