Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Peas And Carrots

This is my first pair of Toe-Up socks :) I did them in the Deborah Norville Serenity Yarn. They're cute, short little ankle socks because I really wanted to get a pair out of the one skein. I sorta bungled through the short row heel on the first sock because I didn't realize (since I didn't read the instructions well) that when you pick up the wraps from the wrap and turn on the purl side you're supposed to pick them up from the OUTSIDE so that it's not weird and bumpy on the outside. Oh well, now I know for next time. Additionally, I used a sewn bind-off which, while not so stretchy, is wide enough that i could actually fit my foot into the sock. Nevertheless, I like them and will probably do a pair similar with a different skein of the same yarn that I have.

As for the I-cord scarf, one I-cord is finished and the second one has significant progress made on it. On the upside of knitting all this I-cord, I can do it pretty mindlessly, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment