Thursday, May 5, 2011

Paper Stash

AKA: Magazines. Everyone likes them, whether you read Glamour, Vogue, Popular Mechanics or Time we all pick up magazines now and then. So of course there is a slew of knitting magazines out there including; Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Debbie Bliss and Knit Simple. Two of my favorites are Vogue Knitting  and Interweave Knits.  Both of these magazines have pretty good articles, gorgeous photographs of beautiful knitwear and fantastic patterns. Not that I really need to have more things that I want to knit (that I'll probably die before I have a chance to make) especially considering there's about 300 things in my Ravelry queue. Anyway, my only gripe with Vogue Knitting is that it's still a Vogue magazine so even though there are a bunch of normal looking, beautiful knits and then there's something like this that NO ONE in their right (or wrong) mind would actually consider wearing off the runway.
However, I did decide to invest in a subscription to Interweave Knits. A) I like mail and B) I like knitting stuff, so today I got the Summer 2011 issue and there's some really great stuff in it. There's a blurb about this man who takes knitting to performance art, an article on how to design your own lace patterns, yarn reviews and of course, many beautiful patterns to knit. So I would highly recommend that if you're interested in learning more about knitting or the knitting world that you pick up Interweave Knits or any other knitting magazine and get reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment