Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Loot!

What? You think I would go to Sheep and Wool and not get anything?
You're crazy.
So of course I had to get some new snarky buttons. Like I did last year, I bought 4 oz. of undyed merino wool. I think I'm going to up my game and try and dye this with food coloring. I know it's not as up there as acid dyes but I still think it's a step ahead of Kool-Aid. Meaning, Kool-Aid is HELLA fun but if you don't want neon colors all the time you need to change it.
One thing that I really wanted while at MDS&W was a skein of really pretty sock yarn and I found it in Miss Babs' "Yummy" hand painted sock yarn in Roan Mountain Morning. This absolutely took my breath away when I saw it and I really look forward to making pretty socks out of it. Miss Babs was also pretty smart because she was giving out samples. Either 10 yards of yarn or a bit of roving attached to her business card. This was a genius move on her part because it got me and my red-headed friend to really take a look at her stuff and we both bought stuff from her. This little bit of Blue Teal "Windsor" sock yarn will be made into a little sock for my sock-blocker key chain.
I also picked up a few ounces of roving in a few colors. I don't think I'm actually going to spin this, I think I'm going to try and knit it up while it's still all loose and fiber-ey but we'll see how that goes. As far as roving goes it was pretty cheap so I'm feeling ok about experimenting with it.
Two skeins of Be Sweet "Bambino Taffy" which is a cotton/bamboo blend. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, just that I think it's really nice.
On the tractor ride back from the festival to the car we met the girls of the SavvyGirls Podcast, who were really nice and gave us all these leather slipper bottoms! SO nice and SO useful.
Other things worth mentioning? An excerpt from How to Knit a Love Song: a novel by Rachael Herron which I'm hoping to get from the library one day, I'll let you know how it is. I also got some honey-sticks and honey soap from The Bee Folks
(my mom got avocado honey from them! Yay!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment