Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knit More, Fume Less...

...wise words from Bubbebia. Very long story, but the Stitch-n-Kvetch group on Ravelry suggested doing a head-covering knit along. I debated doing this since I'm not married (yet), or even engaged (yet) but The Wench suggested that I do one in order to show my emunah, or faith, that I will get engaged and married. So I made this adorable hat with a skein of Ella Rae Classic that I had stashed away. I thought the pattern was well written, but could have benefited greatly from a knitting chart. Either way, this took me just about a weekend to make and I'd like to think that the good mojo from making it is already starting to work (we'll have to see though). Here are some pictures of the hat though. The Top The Bottom Front View Side View
It's cute, right? And now that I know I don't look completely stupid in slouchy hats, I plan on making a whole slew of them to have on hand when the time comes that I do need to cover my hair.

Like I said in my previous post, I was working on a shawl for my mom but since the sides got all wonky (that's what happens when you don't pay attention to the pattern!) I was going to frog it back and restart. Well, I did that and I'm just about done with 4 of the 6 skeins I bought so far to make the shawl. I'm definitely going to need more yarn to make it long enough, maybe I can add to my stash when I go pick that up. ;-)
Here's the shawl as it looks now. Much better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment