Thursday, January 26, 2012

Good Juju Goes 'Round

Dyed yarn being spun.
Newly dyed fiber.










Look! Another post! WHOA! Anyway, I love how the ounce of fiber I dyed turned out. Some of my favorite colors. Also, it's been a breeze to spin so far because it's super fluffy. My goal is to chain ply it once it's done
Also I'm really proud of the Neon Lights yarn all plied up. I managed to get about 105 yards out of 3oz of yarn, which is a pretty big accomplishment.




Coedlan pattern and button
Hilltop Cloud Fiber










I'm so excited that i've been spinning, because I won this awesome spinning kit from Phat Fiber and Hilltop Cloud Yarn. It's a bunch of BFL/Seacell fiber, a pattern for Coedlan cowl and a beautiful wooden button. I don't know if I'm going to use this fiber for this pattern, but I'm so excited to spin it. 
Plus, it still smells SUPER sheepy ;)


There's a thread on Ravelry right now for people to pass on finished objects which they dont wear. I was lucky enough to snag two hats through it, so I decided to pass it forward. I had a bunch of hats that have been sitting around getting no love. I feel pretty good about it. One woman asked for four hats for her sister who has hair loss from illness. Another woman asked for a hat for her daughter who sadly has recently gone through something that NO child (or anyone for that matter) should EVER have to go through. So not only did I send the hat, but I also threw in two flower hair-clips I made, a fuzzy pink pen, a "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" pen and two bookmarks. I really, really hope she likes it. I ended up giving a bunch of the hats to my coworkers, and they all seemed thrilled to get with their new toppers. So I'm feeling pretty good. Do you want one of my unloved FO's (finished objects)? Check them out here, and let me know if you want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment