Sunday, July 4, 2010

Knitting Really *IS* Therapeutic

So I haven't really blogged in a while because I haven't really knitted much in a while. I work basically from 9.30 am to 9 pm and by the time I get home and eat dinner and check the interwebz its basically time for bed. However, there was a day about two weeks ago, where I was in a bad mood (not sure why, could have had something to do with the lack of AC at my job) and so I took off early from work and came home. I was sitting in front of my computer and I thought, "Hmm.... I wonder if I'll feel any better if I knit something." So I pulled out the Lion Brand Cotton Ease that The Wench had traded me and went to town on this pattern, while watching the latest episode of TrueBlood. Lo and behold, I really did feel better after that, and I had a new hat to boot. My only complaint with this pattern was the extremely rapid decreases. I'm not a fan of that because it makes the top of the hat so puckered. That said, it was a really easy pattern and went SUPER fast, and it's cute, right? I followed that up with this hat that was made with the NaturallyCaron.com Country that I got back in May (and apparently never blogged about). The yarn is really soft and squishy, but I'm STILL not sure how I feel about the color. It's called 'Spice House' and I cant decide if it's hideous or awesome. What do you think? This was a pretty good pattern, I apparently though, had issues keeping the stitches in line because there are some wonky spots in the hat but overall it's fine.
Now I'm working on this hat with Lion Brand Microspun. I wanted a really simple cable hat for this yarn so it could be a hat that could go with anything. I cast on 90 stitches instead of the 100 the pattern says to, and then I increased to 135 stitches instead of 150 because the original pattern looks REALLY baggy, and I don't want it so baggy. We'll see how it turns out.
Finally, It was my birthday last week. I am another year older. My "Twin" gave me two skeins of yarn and a size 6 and a size 10 circular needles which was AWESOME of her :) really helps to round out my collection. I'm excited to do stuff with this yarn too. Plus, the blue one? It has SPARKLES in it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment