Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And When You're Drunk Shake That A$$ Like You Know How To Dance

It's been a bit since I've blogged, Hi all! It's after my birthday so I can share all my fun birthday loot and projects and stuff. Knitting-wise I got some fun stuff for my birthday. My aunt (my dad's twin sister) gave me Teach Yourself Visually: Sock Knitting. I'm really excited about this book because it gives instructions with lots of pictures for all kinds of socks including toe-up and ones with an afterthought heel. And considering I feel like I've mastered the top-down sock I'm looking forward to trying other things. That being said though, after finishing the JaywalkersI'm a bit burnt out on socks for now. Especially because I was working on the socks in size 1 needles. I was SO afraid they were going to snap. Now I'm working on a pair of mittens for my Weight Watcher's Buddy. She was so nice to schlep me to and from Weight Watchers every week since I crashed Ned (my Nissan) in January, so these mittens are going to be a thank you/goodbye gift.
Ooh, I think I just went on a tangent there. Anyway other birthday fun included going out for drinks with several of my classmates. I have to tell you, semi-drunken soon-to-be children's librarians are a hella lot of fun. This is me, Katie, and Lauren waiting for the bus after we were done with our several rounds and many amusing stories :-) The Teacher visited me for the weekend (4th of July/my birthday) and she brought these two skeins of Deborah Norville Sock Yarn from my mom. The Teacher also gave me Crobots for my birthday so eventually I'll have to start making a few amigurumi robots. Anyway, The Teacher and I had a great weekend together. We saw The Proposal and I have to say, it was cute but either they needed to expand the plot or they needed to abandon the plot all together and just let Ryan Reynolds walk around mostly nekkid (yum!). We also went to the Heinz History Center where The Teacher got to pose with Daniel Striped Tiger and on Sunday we rode the Duquesne Incline. Helloooo Pittsburgh!All in all, a most excellent birthday week.


























No comments:

Post a Comment